Yay! We’ve been interviewed and cleared for enrollment!
We finished the diagnostic test and I’ve undergone the interview with the Guidance Counselor to discuss the program Brooklyn’s going to be taking. It was like a new lease of life being able to speak plans with the school because in our former school, we’ve totally been so dependent on the teachers, even hiring a private tutor to do all the reviewing and hardwork (I will miss being with Teacher Majo). Our former school had been so effective in what they do. I have no complaints and if it weren’t for the circumstances, I sure won’t be leaving that school. Luckily, everyone’s been raving about our new school. Parents who homeschool have established longevity with them, they liked the independence parents have with the curriculum, I mean, independence on how they’d treat and work around it without deviating from the requirements.
So how’s the enrollment process for transferees like us:
- Emailing the school regarding your interest to enroll
- They will reply to you, informing every details you’d need to do, prepare, send
- I emailed them scanned copies of the required documents
- Application Form
- Proof of payment of the diagnostic test fee (200 php)
- Brooklyn’s Report Card [Form 138] Note: For those coming from schools abroad, pre-school card is required in lieu of the Form 137 (for the interim)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (local school) or
- Clearance of Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- The school also asked for Transfer Certificate from those who are coming from schools abroad but I did not submit it since I have provided them with Good Moral Character and Clearance certificates, perhaps it will suffice, I mean because those two were an either/or situation. Since I have given more than enough, maybe they won’t ask further!?!
- The new school has requested for Brooklyn’s Form 137 but they SHOULD officially get it from the old school after the kid’s successful enrollment. Note: You should know the Form 137 rules because schools require it as if you can handcarry it but as per DepEd, parents are not allowed to carry it. It is a school-to-school requisition. Please read this for more information. This info is for parents who like to check all the boxes. It hurts getting stuck with Form 137.
- Teacher/tutor’s profile: This is required to be submitted, it should be a CV like summary of your career including copies of your certificates as well. They only allow holders of Bachelor’s degree and above
- So after all these, diagnostic test will be administered for a transferee. Let your kid answer honestly as it will help place them with the appropriate program (I don’t think it’s whether he qualifies or not)
- After the test, you will be asked to select a schedule for your meeting with the counselor. There are three selections. I’ve chosen teacher Donna. I love her.
- The counselor will clear you and you’d be asked to fill in an online enrollment form. Note: Don’t spend a lot of effort in compiling the papers into one file. It should be kept as single files — as in ONE-BY-ONE because you’d attach it to the enrollment portal piece by piece. Had to cut the files back to the original
- You will be asked to submit all these (online prompt)
- After verification, you will be asked to pay the tuition fee, selecting modes of payment i.e. full payment, semi annual, & quarterly. There are four bank accounts to select from. You have to attach the proof of payment
- Then, you wait for the confirmation
After those few easy steps, you’re enrolled! Praise God.
For now, I leave you with this verse, Romans 6:11
In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.