I think I am a week behind for Dr. Tanya’s 5 Things Tuesday Prompt. This was for last week but I find it quite interesting so I decided to participate (although very late). She asked about our five favorite canned goods whether they’re ready to eat or ingredients for our recipes; seems easy but it’s actually hard to select just 5.
My top 5 are the following:
- SPAM – Not the fancy flavors though. I love the plain less sodium ones or the Turkey one.
- Hereford Corned Beef or the older version of OX & Palm Corned Beef – I am very particular in stating the term “older version” because the ones we’ve got today do not taste the same.
- Century Tuna with Calamansi – I am not an Amazon affiliate but the link directs you to the product in case you want to know what it is. It’s a simple tuna in vegetable oil with Calamansi (a tiny citrus fruit popular in the Philippines). This one is amazing!
- Libby’s Vienna Sausage – We had a phase when this is all we eat. I don’t know why!
- Condensed Milk – This is something I always have in my pantry whenever I am on Keto break as this is one of my favorite desserts ever. I binge on condensed milk just because! Plus, it’s what I use to make my favorite candy called Yema.